I don’t have the time or the experience?
I’m too old or too young.
What would others think?
These are the questions of a woman on the brink of something great but is stalled out by Fear. Fear is a terrible thing, the opposite of faith, and a tactic of the devil himself.
2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
Are you feeling God’s calling you out of your comfort zone?
Leaving your comfort zone is scary. When God allows you to see an unfulfilled need and become passionate about it – it’s a good sign He is calling you into unchartered territory.
But I’m unqualified
I have no experience
It can be daunting to start a new task when you don’t know the path you are about to embark on. All you need to remember is this.
God doesn’t call the qualified; he qualifies the one He calls.
All God needs is an obedient heart that is available. God wants you to trust Him as He leads you through the uncharted waters. We need to be willing to set aside whatever preconceived agenda we had and pick up the itinerary that God sets before us. Be available and trust Him.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”
How Does the Devil use Fear to stop us?
- Fear stops us in our tracks. It does not matter how big or how small the task is. What God is concerned about is how faithful we are in using our gifts to bless others.
- Fear is the lie of the enemy. The enemy will tell us any lie he can think of to keep us from completing the work that God has called us to do. Don’t let doubt and Fear cause you t to shrink away from the great things God has for us. Learn to recognize the enemy’s voice and dismiss it so you can carry out the purpose of God.
How Can We Overcome Fear?
- Pray: Prayer is a powerful weapon and a calming force. When you start a new ministry, you might want to memorize Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
- Keep our focus on God: Don’t let yourself get distracted by the nay-sayers. Keep your focus on God and God alone.
- Move forward in Faith: Be aware of the enemy’s tactic and determine to serve God despite what the devil is telling you.
- Trust God: When God asks you to do something, He knows the obstacles involved and already knows how to get around them. Don’t fear the challenges; they are meant to increase your faith.
Are you willing to be available and obedient? God is looking for a few good women!