Living Your Best Life …
Before you were born, I prayed for your safety, health, salvation, peace, future mate, and parents. Now that you are here – I just can’t get over how darn cute you are! You got the best of both of your parent’s features, and you wear them well. Now, I wonder what desires has God put in your heart. What should I pray for now? What role will I play in your life as a grandma? You, my darlin’ girl, are always on my mind.
I Pray that I would leave a Legacy of Faith.
Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God,
till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come. (Psalm 71:18)
Every day of my life, I make choices. Do I make choices based upon my comfort, or do I make choices that will have a lasting impact on your life? How do I leave a godly legacy to you, Georgia? I can think of a few things I can do to get started.
- Pray: Pray for your parents’ marriage, wisdom, and spiritual growth.
- Be Present: Make an effort to be a part of your life – ha, let them try and stop me!
- Tell Stories: Family history is essential; how I came to faith and how your parents came to faith, how God has worked in my life and your parent’s life. It is all part of who you are, and I want to make sure you know your heritage.
Many grandparents have said that if they knew grandchildren were so much fun, they’d have skipped the kids and gone straight to the grandkids! I have to say – being a grandparent is everything they said it would be and more! I am excited about being your grandma and feel it is my greatest calling.
Relationship Goals for Georgia and G-Ma:
- Have Fun and Build Memories Together
- Share Wisdom and Truth (even if it hurts)
- Listen, Listen and Listen Some More
- Be a Shoulder for You to Lean on
- Above All, be a Godly Example and Influence.
As your grandmother, I promise to have warm hugs and sweet cookies. I’ll remember and brag on all your accomplishments and forget all your mistakes. Tell funny stories about your Dad when he was a kid to make you laugh, and I will always love you unconditionally.